Skip to main content
- Associate Professor, Human Development and Family Studies, UC Davis
- Dr. Nishina is co-PI for the Parents to Peers study. Her research focuses on peer relationships and ethnicity within broader social contexts. To learn more about Dr. Nishina’s research, visit the Adolescent Peer Relationships Lab website.
- Specialist in Cooperative Extension, Nutrition, UC Davis
- Dr. Zidenberg-Cherr is a collaborator on the Parents to Peers study. Her research focuses on nutrition education and intervention programming, including the UC Davis Shaping Healthy Choices Program. She is co-director of the Center for Nutrition in Schools.
- Cooperative Extension Nutrition Education Specialist, UC Davis
- Dr. Townsend is co-PI for the Healthy Kids and Niños Sanos studies. Her research focuses on nutrition education with an emphasis on children and adolescents. To learn more about her research, visit the Townsend Lab website.
- Professor, Family and Consumer Science, California State University Sacramento
- Dr. Shilts is co-PI for the Healthy Kids and Niños Sanos studies. Her research focuses on development and research of interventions using theories and models of behavior change to positively influence dietary and physical activity attitudes, intentions and behaviors.
- Assistant Professor, Psychology and Counseling, Caldwell University
- Dr. Sitnick received her PhD in Human Development from UC Davis, during which type she worked with Dr. Ontai as her primary advisor. Dr. Sitnick continues to collaborate on the Healthy Kids study. Her research focuses on parenting and its relationship to the development of health-risk behaviors (e.g., obesity risk, substance abuse, sexual-risk behaviors) in children and adolescents.
- Assistant Project Scientist, Nutrition, UC Davis
- Dr. Lanoue is a collaborator on the Healthy Kids and Niños Sanos studies. Her research is focused on achieving a better understanding of the role of specific nutrient deficits or excesses on embryonic and fetal development.