Skip to main content
Dr. Karina Diaz-Rios
- Associate Cooperative Extension Nutrition Education Specialist, UC Merced
- Dr. Diaz-Rios is co-PI for the Niños Sanos study. Her research focuses on preventing malnutrition by engaging in research and extension efforts to develop, adapt, and evaluate culturally relevant, theory-driven approaches to promote sound eating choices and sensible feeding practices in at-risk populations. To learn more about her research, visit her Lab website.
Dr. Marilyn Townsend
- Cooperative Extension Nutrition Education Specialist (Emeritus), UC Davis
- Dr. Townsend is co-PI for the Healthy Kids and Niños Sanos studies. Her research focuses on nutrition education with an emphasis on children and adolescents. To learn more about her research, visit the Townsend Lab website.
Dr. Mical Shilts
- Professor, Family and Consumer Science, California State University Sacramento
- Dr. Shilts is co-PI for the Healthy Kids and Niños Sanos studies. Her research focuses on development and research of interventions using theories and models of behavior change to positively influence dietary and physical activity attitudes, intentions and behaviors.
Dr. Louise Lanoue
- Project Scientist, Nutrition, UC Davis
- Dr. Lanoue is a collaborator on the Healthy Kids and Niños Sanos studies. Her research is focused on achieving a better understanding of the role of specific nutrient deficits or excesses on embryonic and fetal development.